Web Application Server Licensing
Visual DataFlex's Web Application Server delivers dynamic, fast, secure, web-enabled database applications utilizing Windows Server technology.
Web Application Servers include the application execution engine, utilities, embedded database and, optionally, database connectivity drivers. A Visual DataFlex Web Application Server is required for each Server Operating System on which the software is installed. A hardware server with one operating system or an operating system instance running in a virtual machine each require their own Web Application Server license. See the product License Agreement for details.
Web Application Server Licenses
- Internet Edition - A fully featured, unlimited session application server with process pooling intended for high reliability, high performance e-commerce, web service and dynamic content publishing applications in Internet or Intranet environments. Web Application Server licenses are available with optional high-performance Connectivity Kits for leading industry database servers: Pervasive.SQL, MS-SQL, DB2 Connectivity or ODBC all with Embedded SQL capabilities. Connectivity Kits licensed for use with Web Application Servers are licensed for database access by the application server only; network users accessing SQL databases require separate Connectivity Kit licensing. Licensing Details
- Enterprise Edition - Advanced load distribution technology to manage clusters of secure Internet Edition servers in small to very high demand application environments. Each Enterprise Edition server "master" connects to n-Internet Edition Server "slaves" (n=1
255) to create a flexible, highly scalable application server architecture. The Enterprise edition server can be installed outside of a firewall with one or more Internet edition servers installed inside of a firewall for enhanced application and database security. At least one Internet Edition Web Application Server and one Enterprise Edition server is required to create a true Enterprise Edition cluster configuration. To gain application load balancing and fail-over protection, at least two Internet Edition slave servers must be installed with an Enterprise Edition server. Licensing Details
- Workgroup Edition - A limited, 5-session application server with process pooling intended for high reliability, high performance application support in limited-demand, workgroup Internet or Intranet environments. Web Application Server Workgroup licenses are available with optional high-performance Connectivity Kits for leading industry database servers: Pervasive.SQL, MS-SQL, DB2 Connectivity or ODBC all with Embedded SQL capabilities. Connectivity Kits licensed for use with Web Application Servers are licensed for database access by the application server only; network users accessing SQL databases require separate Connectivity Kit licensing.
- Lite Edition Servers (available in 5-session blocks) - A very low-cost, limited Web Application Server that provides 5 concurrent sessions without process pooling per license. Lite Edition Servers may be purchased in 5-session block increments to allow for expanded use. The Lite Edition Server is intended for use in intranet application environments where the constrained number of processes will deliver adequate performance and a satisfactory user experience. Not recommended for processing web services.
- Evaluation Edition - A ready-to-install, Visual DataFlex Web Application Server intended to be used by web application developers as an embeddable platform upon which to distribute evaluation versions of their web solutions to prospective customers. The Evaluation Web Application Server is limited to 5 concurrent sessions and will automatically expire and cease to operate 60 days after installation on a given computer system. Specific terms and conditions of use are defined in the License Agreement. An Evaluation Web Application Server can be activated in place to enable a customer to use the application without re-installation.
Web Application Server Upgrade Policies
To accommodate growing customer requirements, Data Access allows customers to upgrade any Web Application Server license to a more capable, more expensive version for the difference in price between the current license and the new license.
Annual Subscriptions are available for Visual DataFlex Web Application Servers to provide application customers with all updates and enhancements delivered by Data Access during a one year period.
For more information about VDF licensing options, contact your local Data Access Worldwide distributor or send an e-mail to Sales@DataAccess.com.
Download Visual DataFlex | Subscribe | Contact